Monday, March 8, 2010

love and anger




To experience love, you must feel your own anger.

If you want to feel more love, you must allow yourself to feel your anger. If you are afraid of anger, find a good therapist (who's not afraid of anger!) to help you learn safe, constructive ways to experience and express anger. Underneath anger, there is always some way you've been hurt or some way you've given your power away. When you uncover and express the hurt, the healing can take place. When you learn to assert your needs and feelings directly, you'll feel less anger. Eventually, you will feel love and compassion toward the person you were angry at.
Our natural state is love when it is not blocked by repressed emotions. Our spirits automatically feel love. When we embrace and make peace with our own feelings, we will recognize the being in others and feel love for them.

Affirmation -
I am learning to feel and express my anger appropriately and constructively.


Me to a 't' at the moment. Moody as hell and can't work out why. Maybe PMS, but never experienced too much of that.
Whilst designing for Lido and speaking with my boss, I picked up the book 'Awakening' by Shakti Gawain and flicked through to today's date, and this passage totally resonated with me. Although, I don't think it's me angry too much at anyone else, it's more that my body is angry for not enough meditation and quiet time.

Best work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...