Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a curious case

Last night, in between spring cleaning my house, I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The first time I saw this film starring Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt, was around two years ago. I've found the tale enchanting and not only does it capture your curiosity - it captures your heart.


It begins by you being drawn to wonder, to the euphoria of young love, to the sometimes harsh realities of our life paths and finally to a heartbreaking reconciliation. I was entranced in the love story of this man's life.
Fiction, of course, but a book I must now read. Originally a short story - the prose was adapted to script and so the cinematic magic was unveiled on a Christmas Day (2008, if I recall correctly).


I generally like to read the book before the movie, but in this case, I find it hard to think I could be disappointed by either medium by 'doing it backwards'.
I guess we'll see. Perhaps it's the novel to follow Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre...
So looking forward to Easter break (ONE MORE SLEEP!)

But without any further ado, here are some stills from the film.

I recommend that you watch this gorgeous film.

Happy Wednesday.

X

{all images from that heart}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...