Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the time that was

I won't lie. I've been M.I.A. for a reason.
My world as I know has taken a rather strange and unexpected turn down a foreign, perhaps dim-lit alley and it's taken me sometime to see the light of the street yonder.
It's not the end of the world, no - despite recent predictions, it's just a job contract has suddenly been terminated for company financial strains, it's end of semester, my sister has a had a car accident (the car was a write-off, but she's okay), she's been in hospital twice in the last month for severe tonsilitis, there's family issues annnnd... life - well, it throws everything at you at once doesn't it?

This has been my Little Hell.

Justified title, probably not. But I'm one of those people who is selective in sharing my troubles I guess. I'm always an ear, a shoulder and word of advice or a coffee or a drink or a walking pal. A call in the middle of the night - I'm yours... I've just kept things all inside in this turbulent time a little too long. And finally, I feel right enough to blog again. Some things needn't be shared. So now my reason for being AWOL is out in the open let's embrace June shall we?

This evening was one of my two shifts this week at the restaurant... and honestly, it's been the best thing to happen to me all week - get me out of the house, back into the swing of things. A cack, a giggle - the focus off me.
I sit here listening to City and Colour's 'Little Hell' album and am once again besotted by his re-al voice and ever so comfortable, grounding and resonating melodies.
City And Colour's Little Hell - album art
I know I'm back... why? I found the most ridiculous thing on the fridge this evening hilarious. My brother's RAAF mate 'tagged' himself in a grad photo. "SEXY". Daley? Really?

I dare say this happened after the infamous party I missed, but nonetheless it brightened my night/day. Conceited with the intent to make you laugh. Got me in one.

How has your June been?

Apart from unexpected occurrences, I've revamped The Book Club blog site and finished the current book :: To Kill A Mocking Bird - by Harper Lee. What a book - so profound for the period set and published. Everyone should read this book and appreciate the honestly and humility embedded within Lee's pages.

To summarise, June :: eventful - to say the least. Humbling, yes. Turbulent and unsteady, oh heck yes.
Doors opening for rejuvenation - I can see them already.

Watch this space.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...