Sunday, January 8, 2012

believe


This questionnaire was passed on to me from Jazzie Fizzle from FizzleOut blog. I have always wanted to participate in a chain-blog post, and so I was delighted to receive this in conjunction with Sportsgirl - one of my favourite shops.


Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A: I wanted to be many things as a child, but first and foremost - a Princess. Captured in drawings of orange haired girls in pink dresses with tall pointy crowns. I haven't exactly reached such a status, but my imagination let my aspirations also float in the directions of an artist, an actress, a singer and a ballerina.

Q: Did you make this dream come true or change your mind?

A: I have never drifted too far from the realm of Performing and Visual Arts, as my childhood aspirations encompass. So, let's see: Artist (tick!), Actress (hmm... debatable - drama queen?) and Singer (in the shower and automobile, most definitely), I have accomplished to certain extents. I wanted to study Fine Art Acting upon leaving school, but for the security of a pretty penny I chose to pursue a career in Graphic Design at the age of 17 and have stuck with this and my love of illustration and illustrating, ever since. Perhaps a role on stage will come my way some day. Ballerina? I wish! This Lady is so inflexible, however the grace has never fallen from my mind as I float around work or the house.

Q: What is your fave childhood memory?

A: In my childhood years, my brother, sister and I spent many summers at my Grandad's swimming like three little fish, though the one fond childhood memory that rings a bell is around Christmas 1995. The parents are by the pool at the tables and BBQ, whilst my cousins, siblings and I flit in and out of the pool staring into the starry sky. We're excited - the kind of excited you want to jump up and stamp your feet in quick succession. It's Christmas Eve, and we're trying to spot Santa with his sleigh and reindeer in the night sky. The Milky Way proved to be a marvellous thing, and kept us entertained and excited until we had exhausted ourselves. 
It's nice to reflect upon those times of complete and utter happiness, brimming with the innocence of childhood, teaming with imagination.


Q: The biggest dream you have right now?
A: Wow. Well, where do I start? I have many, but I want 2012 to be my year to more openly establish a successful and steady freelance Art + Design business (this blog is the namesake). To gain illustration commissions, dip my finger in the photography jar and recognition enough to earn, enjoy and live off more of what I love. Projecting positive thoughts into the Universe and talking to God, I hope to pack my bags and see more of this amazing world and perhaps settle in a far off land for some time. New York? Great Britain? Europe? ... and work along the way. Ultimately, I want to absorb all the beautiful unknown and use such inspiration in my work life. That is my BIG dream, right now.

Q: Your summer must-have pick from the current Sportsgirl range?

A: This season it's all about those gorgeous hues of Pacific blue and Aquamarine, and teaming that with a bright burnt orange (or simply, my hair) I think you've found yourself a Hit! So my picks from the current Sportsgirl range channel just that... now to just take a stroll in the sweet balmy Brisbane air...



And three lovely bloggers to pass this on to:

Casey from Staar Guitar,
Jasmine from Red Hair & Freckles, and
Katie from House Of Humble
Pop over to these Ladies stellar blogs - for me, they're daily reads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...